Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS)
- Homepage: http://www.discusa.org
May 2006: "The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, Inc. (DISCUS) is a national trade association representing producers and marketers of distilled spirits sold in the United States. Our members’ quality products include the full spectrum of distilled spirits such as Bourbon, Scotch and other whiskeys, vodka, gin, tequila, rum, brandy, cordials and liqueurs. The distillers take special pride in their products as well as in their efforts to encourage responsible beverage alcohol consumption by adults who choose to drink...
A Major Contributor to the Nation’s Economy
The fiscal impact of the distilled spirits industry reaches far beyond the distillery.
- The distilled spirits industry generates $95 billion in U.S. economic activity annually.
- Over 1.3 million people are employed in the United States through the manufacture, distribution and sale of distilled spirits.
- Jobs within the distilled spirits industry account for more than $28 billion in U.S. wages."
March 2006: "The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, which represents liquor companies, and the Wine Institute also have voluntary guidelines for advertising and marketing."http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/29/business/media/29adco.html
Role Name Type Last Updated Financial Supporter of (past or present) Century Council Organization Aug 1, 2006 Cooperation (past or present) Wine Institute Organization May 30, 2006
Articles and Resources
Date Fairness.com Resource Read it at: Mar 29, 2006 Advertising: Critics Say Beer Spots Exploit Loopholes
QUOTE: Several consumer groups say that the voluntary standards set up by the Beer Institute, an industry trade group, are little more than a public relations ploy and do not go far enough in trying to cut down on beer ads seen by people under 21.
New York Times
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!