- Homepage: http://survjustice.org/
November 2014: "Core Values
SurvJustice decreases the prevalence of sexual violence by assisting survivors, empowering activists, and supporting institutions.
- SurvJustice assists sexual violence survivors of any sex, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation because discrimination is antithetical to our mission of justice.
- SurvJustice recognizes that the spectrum of sexual violence includes rape, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, and other gender or sexual identity-based violence.
- SurvJustice advocates for the enforcement of victim’s rights within any system of justice to empower survivors and prevent revictimization.
- SurvJustice recognizes that justice may look different for every survivor, whether it is a criminal conviction, civil remedy, administrative sanction, systematic change, or acknowledgment of wrongdoing."
November 2014: '"This is an alarming trend that I'm seeing on campuses," says Laura Dunn of the advocacy group SurvJustice. "Schools are assigning people to victims who are pretending, or even thinking, they're on the victim's side, when they're actually discouraging and silencing them. Advocates who survivors love are part of the system that is failing to address sexual violence."'http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119
Role Name Type Last Updated
Articles and Resources
Date Fairness.com Resource Read it at: Nov 19, 2014 A Rape on Campus: A Brutal Assault and Struggle for Justice at UVA
QUOTE: UVA's emphasis on honor is so pronounced that since 1998, 183 people have been expelled for honor-code violations such as cheating on exams. And yet paradoxically, not a single student at UVA has ever been expelled for sexual assault. "Think about it," says Susan Russell, whose UVA daughter's sexual-assault report helped trigger a previous federal investigation. "In what world do you get kicked out for cheating, but if you rape someone, you can stay?"
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!