You are here: Fairness.com > Internships
Political Journalism Internships
Fairness.com LLC, publisher of the non-commercial Fairness.com website, has a telecommute internship covering politics and public policy issues. This is a great opportunity for those wishing to do serious journalistic work using online media.
- Add and annotate speeches and position papers using our NowComment® document discussion/annotation tool.
- Conduct interviews.
- Arrange panel discussions on important public policy topics.
- Very occasionally (5% or less of your time) help spec and test new Nowcomment features.
Important Aspects of the Internship
- Online work environment (geographic and schedule flexibility). The program is structured for email and web communications; interns work from school or home anywhere in the country on the days (and times of day) that work best for them. Twelve hours per week is the minimum time commitment during the school year, and twenty hours the minimum during shorter summer breaks.
- All work is directly related to internship responsibilities; there are no unrelated clerical, administrative, or other duties.
- The internships are unpaid. Many interns receive academic credits for Fairness.com internships through their school's Career Center or faculty advisor. Fairness.com is happy to coordinate with such programs.
- Extensive knowledge of US national politics and current events.
- Journalism coursework or experience is a significant plus but not absolutely required.
- Broadband Internet access during internship hours.
- Strong work ethic; successful interns must be disciplined enough to work well on their own and to keep their personal political views and preferences from interfering with (or even being discernible in) their internship work.
For More Information
The Internship Application is at: http://www.fairness.com/internships/applic
About us: The Fairness.com website is an information clearinghouse covering the gamut of fairness-related issues: public policy, consumer protection, family and workplace relationships, professional ethics, international relations, etc. The NowComment discussion tool was originally developed for civic engagement and political applications, though it can be used in any group collaboration setting (classroom discussion, public policy formulation, law, peer review of publications, etc.). The NowComment website is at http://www.nowcomment.com/ .
Please send any questions or inquiries about our internship programs or site to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Fairness.com!
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!