You are here: Fairness.com > Internships
Fairness.com LLC, publisher of the non-commercial Fairness.com website, offers several Online Media internships working with our new NowComment® document discussion software. NowComment allows threaded discussion on individual sentences and paragraphs and a variety of other document commenting/annotation features ("Turning Documents into Conversations"®. This is a great opportunity for anyone seeking a wide variety of experiences with internet media and social media product development.
A. Writing and Editing Projects:
- Scripts for video screencasts (and possibly narrating some)
- Facebook communications (customer service orientation)
- Monitoring Twitter and tweeting site news
- Writing Marketing copy
B. Other Projects:
- Depending on your interests and talents, possible involvement in graphic design, public relations, customer training, customer service, and other aspects of our work.
- Occasional projects helping with software testing and online documentation maintenance
Important Aspects of the Internship
- Online work environment (geographic and schedule flexibility). The program is structured for email and web communications; interns work from school or home anywhere in the country on the days (and times of day) that work best for them. Twelve hours per week is the minimum time commitment during the school year, and twenty hours the minimum during shorter summer breaks.
- All work is high level and challenging; there are no clerical, administrative, or other "scut work" duties.
- The internships are unpaid, but many interns arrange to receive academic and/or service learning credits for their work through their Career Center or faculty advisor. Fairness.com is happy to coordinate with such programs.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Journalism, English, and Media Studies coursework or experience is standard but not an absolute requirement.
- Internet and phone access
- Self-reliant work ethic; most of the work is project-oriented that you'll do independently.
For More Information
The Internship Application is at: http://www.fairness.com/internships/applic
About us: Fairness.com LLC publishes the Fairness.com information clearinghouse website covering the gamut of fairness-related issues: public policy, consumer protection, family and workplace relationships, professional ethics, international relations, etc. NowComment®
Please send any questions or inquiries about our internship programs or site to: email@example.com.
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!