You are here: Fairness.com > Internships
Online Editor II Internship
Fairness.com LLC, publisher of the non-commercial Fairness.com website, offers service learning internships for Journalism and English Majors who want challenging editorial experience in an online work environment.
- During training, learn to use RSS feeds and Fairness.com's web-based software to create online links and index entries, and capture bibliographic data about, fairness-related online articles (as described in the News Desk internship).
- Once training is completed, you'll check the submissions of other interns and volunteers and give them feedback via web-generated email. This editing is primarily fact checking and "quality control" (not copyediting) within a journalistic context and workflow.
- Occasionally help with copyediting for our NowComment® site.
Important Aspects of the Internship
- Online work environment (geographic and time-of-day flexibility). The program is structured for email, web, and occasional phone communications; you can work from school or home.
- All work is editorial work; there are no unrelated clerical, administrative, or other duties.
The internships are unpaid, but many interns arrange to receive academic and/or service learning credits for their work through their faculty advisor or Career Center. Fairness.com is happy to coordinate with such programs.
- Attention to detail and procedure, comfort with web-based software, excellent grammar skills.
- Journalism coursework and/or editing experience preferred, but those with extensive English/writing backgrounds are also considered.
- Internet access during internship work hours (and some phone access).
- Self-reliant work ethic; most of the work will be done independently.
For More Information
The online Internship Application is at: http://www.fairness.com/internships/application
A description of our News Desk internship is at: http://www.fairness.com/internships/newsdesk.
Fairness.com LLC publishes the Fairness.com information clearinghouse website covering the gamut of fairness-related issues: public policy, consumer protection, family and workplace relationships, professional ethics, international relations, etc.
Please send any questions or inquiries about our internship programs or site to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts & Humanities
- Businesses & Organizations
- Computers & Information Technology
- Family & Friends & Interpersonal
- Government & Politics / History
- Health & Medicine
- Law & Justice
- Media & Journalism
- Personal Finance & Career
- Philosophy & Religion
- Recreation & Entertainment
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences & Groups
- Arctic / Antarctic / Greenland
- Central America / Caribbean
- Eurasia / Central Asia
- Middle East
- North America
- Oceania / AustralAsia
- South America
- About Fairness.com
- Contact Us
- Conditions of Service
- Fair Use Notice
- Advisory Board
Not a current user? Sign up!